A Deacon is expected to:
- Attend worship services unless providentially hindered.
- Actively serve in some ministry in the life of the church.
- Be supportive of the overall ministry of the church.
- Assist in serving the Lord’s Supper (if needed)
- Practice personal evangelism of the lost as opportunities arise.
- Pray for and be supportive of the Church Leadership
- Whatever needs done (hands on) to free Pastors/Elders for Teaching, Leading, Modeling, Prayer
- If schedule allows, participate regularly in a small group, either as a worker or a member.
- Acts 6:1-7
- I Timothy 3:8-13
Deacons take the lead in …
- Congregational physical needs (groceries, heating, etc.)
- Helping Shut-ins/disabled in tangible ways (yard work, oil changes, etc)
- Building & grounds ministries
- Hands on needs within ministries or church
- Benevolence follow through
- How can I help?
- What can I do?