Heritage Baptist Church
Job Title: Missions Secretary/Treasurer
Reports To: Directly works with the finance committee and the church treasurer. Ultimately responsible to the Pastors/Elders and congregation.
Position Summary: Works with the Finance Committee and Church Treasurer to manage the monies designated for the missions purposes of the Heritage Baptist Church and serve as a liaison between the missionaries of HBC and the leadership and congregation of HBC.
- Be a born again follower of Jesus Christ, obedient in Scriptural baptism.
- Be an active member of HBC, displaying a lifestyle consistent with the mission of the church and giving evidence of a heart for missions and active involvement in the missions program of HBC.
- Be above reproach in character and if applicable be able to be bonded.
- Display qualities of a teachable spirit and willingness to get along well with others.
- Model submission to biblical authority and embrace the mission of the Church.
- Display and maintain confidentiality and fiscal integrity at all times.
- Be willing to learn and utilize the accounting program adopted by the church.
- Disburse on a monthly basis all monies designated to specific missionaries per budget approved missionary expenditures or individual designations of funds to approved mission endeavors.
- Maintain a separate checking account for disbursements of missions monies under the supervision of and coordination with the Church Treasurer and Finance Committee.
- Work with the Church Treasurer in maintaining accurate records and accounting of missions monies and presentation of monthly reports as needed.
- Meet regularly with the Finance Committee to maintain flow of information and accountability.
- Manage the flow of correspondence from missionaries and present ideas for keeping missions a visible part of the life of the congregation.
- Build a team of volunteers to assist in answering correspondence, creating mission awareness, and generating congregational involvement with missionaries.
- Make Pastors/Elders aware of any missionary needs as surplus monies are available for discretionary missions spending.
- As the ministry leader of the church’s mission program work along side the Finance Committee each year to prepare and present the missions portion of the overall church budget.
- Assist the Finance Committee in the ongoing process of developing and tweaking the church’s policy and procedure manuals especially in regards to finances and missions.
- Work to ensure that all missions practices, procedures, and policies remain consistent with the mission and vision statement of HBC.
- Maintain regular communication with the Church Treasurer and enlist the Church Treasurer to fulfill Missionary Secretary/Treasurer duties if an absence is necessary.
- Do all to the glory of God!